Photoexhibition at Free University of Bolzano-Bozen
from May 6 til June 16 2013
DEMOCHANGE - results
- DEMOCHANGE will address the challenges of the Alpine spaces aging society in regards to migration, tourism, agriculture, transportation, health care, housing, education.
- The demographic change is often seen as a general phenomenon without proper focus on specific regional impacts; this project will rectify and address this, resulting in an active, regional discussion of this topic with the appointed steering groups.
- This project will be carried out by: provisioning a basic analysis about the past and assumed future demographic changes societal impacts, comparing findings amongst Alpine regions to review existing plans, to identify focus areas of the model regions and provide necessary analysis.
- DEMOCHANGE's main focus points are: migration and settlement, change of commuter structure and transportation, change of regional consumer behavior in relation to key economies and markets, change of the labor market, dynamics of innovation and start-up activities.
- Concrete roadmaps, strategies and activities for the implementation of innovative actions to address demographic changes conditions in the Alpine space will be created. This will assist stakeholders, planners and developers considering these changes in their daily work and design of future concepts.